Available languages:

Last checked: 15/01/2018

Registering your residence abroad – Belgium

UK decision to invoke Article 50 of the TEU: More information

You must register your residence within 3 months of arrival. You can do so at the town hall.

Inactive citizens (pensioners, self-sufficient persons) must provide proof of health insurance and sufficient resources.

You must carry your registration certificate at all times.

If you don't register your residence, you could incur a 200 euro fine

For more information, check with the town hall where you live.

More on residence rights and formalities.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: