Last checked : 20/09/2018

Your parents

UK decision to invoke Article 50 of the TEU: More information

For the time being, the United Kingdom remains a full member of the EU and rights and obligations continue to fully apply in and to the UK:

If you are an EU citizen moving to another EU country to live, work or study, EU rules make it easier for your family to join you. On this page, you can find out how your parents can join you.

However, if you are an EU citizen and have never lived in another EU country only national rules will apply.

Are you working, a pensioner, have your own resources?

If you are working, are a pensioner or have sufficient resources, your parents will be treated in the same way as your spouse or children.

Check rules for:

Are you studying?

If you are a student, your parents will be treated as more distant relatives.

Check rules for:

EU legislation

Need more information on rules in a specific country?

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: