Last checked: 09/03/2020
Financial products and services
Affected by Brexit?
Wherever you are in the EU, EU rules define your basic rights when you open a bank account, transfer money, take out a loan or buy insurance products.
Find out more about:
- Bank accounts in the EU: rights and limitations when opening and using a bank account in another EU country
- Payments, transfers and cheques: costs and charges of bank transactions between EU countries
- Mortgage credit: your rights when taking out a loan to buy a home
- Insurance products: buying policies (such as life insurance) from a company based in another EU country
- Consumer credit and loans: conditions and restrictions on obtaining loans up to EUR 75 000
- Investment products: your rights when taking out investment products, funds and investment-linked insurance policies