Updated : 01/03/2017
Registering your residence abroad – Italy
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
EU nationals who whish to stay in Italy for a period exceeding three months should register with the Anagrafe (Register Office) of the municipality of residence.
The following documents must be included with your application:
- if employed or self-employed: evidence of your activity
- if studying, training or staying for reasons other than work: proof of maintenance, calculated according to the Italian minimum annual social security allowance in relation to the number of dependent family members (a self-certification is accepted); proof of sickness insurance to cover health care costs; evidence of your university course (only if studying)
- if family member of an EU citizen, national of another member country without autonomous right of residence: proof that you have a family link with the EU citizen or that you are a dependent relative (self-certification is accepted)
You will receive a receipt certifying that you have applied for registration to Anagrafe.
Family members without autonomous right of residence must provide:
- valid passport or any other equivalent travel document bearing an entry visa, if required
- proof of family relationship with the EU citizen and, if required, proof of being a dependent on the EU citizen
- receipt certifying that the EU citizen applied for registration to Anagrafe