Available languages:

Last checked : 11/10/2018

Travel documents for minors – Portugal

In addition to their own valid travel document (passport or ID card) all minors entering or leaving Portugal must be in possession of a letter of parental consent if travelling with adults other than their parents or legal guardians. The document should be signed and dated, with the signature(s) certified by a notary, and give the following information :

For minors of Portuguese nationality entering Portugal, as well as checking they have a valid travel document, border services officers check if the person in Portuguese territory who will be responsible for their reception and care is a parent/legal guardian/authority responsible for the minor.

Different forms are available depending on whether minors are Portuguese nationals or foreign residents.


See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: