Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 26/04/2017

Registering EU family members in another EU country – Lithuania

Your family members must register their residence only if they come to live in the Republic of Lithuania for more than 3 months in a 6-month period. They must do so within 3 months of arrival.

To apply for a certificate confirming their right of residence in Lithuania, go to the Migration Service for the place where you intend to declare your residence.

The documents required to show there is a family relationship are as follows:

To prove that a family member is economically dependent on you, you can, for instance, provide information on money transfers to their bank account, or declare your commitment to support them.

Your family member will be issued a certificate confirming their right to live in Lithuania. The certificate is valid for 5 years or for the period you intend to live in Lithuania, if such a period is shorter than 5 years.

Once you have this certificate, you must report your presence to the local authorities where you live. You can do so at the local municipality or ward. If you need  a certificate confirming your address in Lithuania, simply request one.

Check with the authorities responsible for registration:

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: