Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 31/08/2017

Registering EU family members in another EU country – Ireland

If you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or of Switzerland, you have the right to stay in Ireland, and your family members have the right to stay here also. There are some limits to this right, however.

You can stay in Ireland for up to 3 months without restriction. If you plan to stay more than 3 months, you must either:

When you come to Ireland you do not need to register with the local immigration officer and you do not need a residence card to live here. If you wish to have a record of your residence in Ireland you can register with your embassy of your country in Ireland.

UK citizens: People who are citizens of the United Kingdom (UK) are entitled to live in Ireland without any conditions or restrictions.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: