Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 26/04/2017

Registering EU family members in another EU country – Austria

Family members of EU citizens who are themselves EU citizens have the right to stay in Austria for three months (whether they work there or not).

If they intend to stay for more than three months, they must register at their local authority within four months of entering Austria. If the conditions are met they will, on request, be issued a 'certificate of registration'.

Along with the ‘residence permit', they must apply in person to the local authority to obtain this certificate. The application form can be obtained from the authority.

More about the process can be found herede .

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: