Updated : 22/06/2016
Registering your non-EU family members in another EU country – Spain
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
If your family members are not EU nationals, but come to live with you in Spain for longer than 3 months, they must apply for an EU national family member card.
They must do this at an Inmigration Office or a police station
, if there is no an inmigration Office in this region– no later than 3 months after arriving in Spain.
Documents to produce:
EX-19 filled and signed.
- Valid passport
- ID (D.N.I.) of the Spanish citizen, or certificate of the UE national whom they are joining to or accompanying
- Partner/spouse – proof of the family link
- Children over 21 – proof they are your dependant(s)
- Children under 21, not living in Spain – proof of the family link or that they are your dependant(s)
- Parents/grandparents – proof they are your dependant(s)
Residence cards are valid for 5 years.
More details – Ministry of Employment & Social Security