Available languages:

Last checked: 26/04/2017

Registering your residence abroad – Lithuania

You must register your residence only if you come to live in the Republic of Lithuania for more than 3 months in a 6-month period. You must do so within 3 months of arrival.

To apply for a certificate confirming your right of residence in Lithuania, go to the Migration Service for the place where you intend to declare your residence.

If you are an inactive citizen (a pensioner or self-sufficient person), you must present the following documents (non-exhaustive list) as proof of sufficient resources:

You will be issued a certificate confirming your right of residence in Lithuania. You don't need to carry it at all times.

Once you have this certificate, you must also report your presence to the local authorities where you live. You can do so at the local municipality or ward. If you need a certificate confirming your address in Lithuania, simply request one.

Check with the authorities responsible for registration:

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: