Service tools

Language selector

EU flag

Navigation path


Updated : 26/04/2017

Registering your residence abroad – Czech Republic

As an EU citizen, you don't need to register your residence upon arrival in the Czech Republic.

You can, however, apply for a certificate of temporary residence if you intend to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months. This is not an obligation.

To register your residence you should go to the offices of the Ministry of the Interior .

Your application for a certificate of temporary residence is to be filed on the appropriate form .

You will also need:

The documents required for the application may not be older than 180 days - with the exception of the travel document, birth certificate, marriage certificate and the photograph if it corresponds to his/her actual appearance.

You should always submit originals or certified copies of the documents. All of the documents submitted must be drawn up in the Czech language or officially translated into Czech .

See also:

See main information on this topic
Registering your residence abroad
Need more information on rules in a specific country?
Ask national administrations
Need support from assistance services?
Get help and advice