Navigation path

Updated : 06/09/2016

Registering your residence abroad – Sweden

Choose country

Choose country

Common rights across EU countries

* Information not yet provided by national authorities

As an EU citizen you can move to Sweden without having to apply for a permit. Neither do you have to register your residence after three months in the country.

More information on the Migration Board's website .

However, if you intend to stay longer than a year you need to register in the Swedish population register. More information on the Tax Agency's website .

Need more information on rules in a specific country?
Ask national administrations
Need support from assistance services?
Get help and advice

Get help and advice