Navigation path

Share on 
	Share on Facebook
	Tweet it
	Share on google+
	Share on linkedIn

Documents and formalities – Liechtenstein

Updated : 19/02/2014

Registering your residence abroad after the first 3 months


Registering your residence when abroad

You must register your residence within  8 days of arrival.

To register your residence you should go to the residence registration office (Einwohnerkontrolle) of the responsible local commune (Gemeinde)

Inactive citizens (pensioners, self-sufficient persons) must present the following documents as proof of sufficient resources:

  • entitlements under social security schemes (for example: old-age or invalidity pensions) and/or entitlements under private law (for example: claims for maintenance, income from rents) in the amount of at least 2'600 Swiss Francs per month or
  • an unconditional and irrevocable bank guarantee in the amount of 156'000 Swiss Francs (with a term of no less than five years)

You don't need to carry your registration certificate at all times.

If you don't register your residence, you could incur sanctions (a fine issued by the Migration and Passport Office).

Check with the authorities responsible for registration: the residence registration office (Einwohnerkontrolle) of the responsible local commune (Gemeinde)

Still need help?

Still need help?

Haven't found the information you need? Do you have a problem to solve?

Get advice on your EU rights

Solve problems with a public body