Available languages:

Last checked: 27/11/2018

Expired or lost passports – Liechtenstein

In order to avoid any problems when crossing the border into and out of Liechtenstein, nationals of the Principality should present a valid passport or identity card.

If you have lost your passport or identity card, you must notify the National Police or the Migration and Passport Office (Ausländer- und Passamt) in Vaduz in person of the loss and then apply for a new identity document. If your passport or identity card has been stolen, you must report the theft to the National Police.

If you lose your passport or identity card while you are abroad, you must notify the nearest police station. You can contact Swiss representations abroad with your application for a new identity document.

If you have reported the loss of your travel document, you may not use this document again and must make sure it is invalid.

To ensure that there are no problems when entering Liechtenstein, foreign nationals should present a valid and recognised passport. Nationals of the European Economic Area and Switzerland may also use a valid identity card.

If you have any questions, please contact the Liechtenstein Migration and Passport Officede: Ausländer- und Passamt (APA), Städtle 38, FL-9490 Vaduz, Tel. +423 236 61 41.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: