To start a new company or expand your business in another EU country you need to know the rules that apply and the relevant national contact point to set up a company in that specific country.
Find the right place to start-up in different EU countries:Choose country
- Czech Republiccsen
- Switzerland *
- United Kingdomen
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
What can you do?
As an EU citizen you are entitled to:
- set up your own business (even as a sole trader) in any EU country, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein
- set up a subsidiary branch of an existing EU-based business that is already registered in one EU country
The requirements vary depending on the country. However, the EU encourages all countries to meet certain targets for helping to set up new companies, including:
- setting up in no more than 3 working days
- costing less than EUR 100
- completing all procedures through a single administrative body
- completing all registration formalities online
- registering a company in another EU country online (through the national contact points)
Funding and support
You can also use the Startup Europe Partnership platform to get help with expanding and developing your business.
If you're looking to increase the visibility of your business project, you can register your project on the European Investment Project Portal. The portal also enables you to get in contact with potential international investors.
Contact a local business support partner
Local business support
Help & advice
Get in touch with specialised assistance servicesHelp & advice
Help & advice
National information on expanding your business in another EU country.