EU - Start-ups
As an EU citizen you are entitled to:
- set up your own business (even as a sole trader) in any EU country
- set up a subsidiary branch of an existing EU-based business registered in another EU country.
The requirements vary by country - but the EU encourages its member countries to meet certain targets:
- setting up possible in no more than 3 working days
- costing no more than €100
- completing all procedures through a single administrative body
- completing all registration formalities online
This 2015 study shows recent progress by each EU country in reducing the time and cost of paperwork required to start a business .