To start a new company or expand your business in another EU country you need to know the rules that apply and the relevant national contact point to set up a company in that specific country.
Find the right place to start-up in different EU countries:Choose country
- Czech Republiccsen
- United Kingdomen
* Information not yet provided by national authorities
Rights & obligations
As an EU citizen you are entitled to:
- set up your own business (even as a sole trader) in any EU country (or Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein)
- set up a subsidiary branch of an existing EU-based business that is already registered in one EU country.
The requirements vary by country - but the EU encourages its member countries to meet certain targets:
- setting up possible in no more than 3 working days
- costing no more than €100
- completing all procedures through a single administrative body
- completing all registration formalities online
If you have already started a business, you can use this questionnaire to give you an indication of how it is performing, as well as some tips on improving it.
This 2015 study shows recent progress by each EU country in reducing the time and cost of paperwork required to start a business.
Contact a local business support partner
Your enquiry will be sent to a support partner from the Enterprise Europe Network. To assist the advisor to respond in a timely and correct manner to this free service, please provide as much information as possible.Local business support
Help & advice
Get in touch with specialised assistance servicesHelp & advice