Available languages:

Last checked: 16/11/2018

Expired or lost passports – Sweden

Coronavirus: safely resuming travel

Questions on a specific country?

Whatever your nationality, an expired passport is not accepted as a valid travel document to enter or leave Sweden.

For Swedish citizens, only the ID card delivered by the passport authorities can be used for travel purposes. However, the national ID card cannot be used by Swedish citizens travelling to a country outside the Schengen area; ONLY a valid passport will be accepted.


See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: