Available languages:

Last checked : 07/07/2017

Expired or lost passports – Spain

Whilst you should avoid travelling without a valid travel document, if you have Spanish nationality, you may travel on an expired passport to and from countries that have signed and ratified the Council of Europe Convention as long as you comply with the conditions listed under your country in the annex to the Convention).

Should you need one, the consular services can also issue Spanish nationals with a temporary travel document with limited validity to allow you to complete your trip.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: