Available languages:

Last checked: 14/12/2018

Expired or lost passports – Portugal

To enter or leave Portuguese territory, foreign citizens must hold an accepted and valid travel document. For entering Portugal, the travel document must be valid for longer than the duration of the stay, unless the holder is a foreign resident in Portugal.

They must be in possession of a valid travel document that entitles the holder to cross the border and meets the following criteria:

Foreign nationals may also enter or leave the country if:

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: