Municipal elections – France
Affected by Brexit?
If you are a non-French EU citizen and you want to vote in the municipal elections in France, you must register first.
To vote in the municipal elections, you must meet the following conditions:
- be at least 18 years of age
- live in France
- be an EU national
- have full civil and political rights
For further details, see: EU citizens' voting rights (in French only)
To be eligible to vote in the French municipal elections, you must be:
- at least 18 years of age
- able to prove that you have links with the municipality by
- being on the electoral register for the municipal elections
- meeting the legal conditions for inclusion in the electoral register for the municipal elections (i.e. being at least 18 and having a genuine residence, or an uninterrupted period of residence, in a French municipality)
- on the register for one of the municipal taxes.
You are not obliged to vote in the municipal elections once you are on the electoral register.