Updated : 26/04/2017
Municipal elections – France
If you are a non-French EU citizen and you want to vote in the municipal elections in France, you must register first.
To vote in the municipal elections, you must meet the following conditions:
- be at least 18 years of age
- live in France
- be an EU national
- have full civil and political rights
For further details, see: EU citizens' voting rights (in French only)
To be eligible to vote in the French municipal elections, you must be:
- at least 18 years of age
- able to prove that you have links with the municipality by
- being on the electoral register for the municipal elections
- meeting the legal conditions for inclusion in the electoral register for the municipal elections (i.e. being at least 18 and having a genuine residence, or an uninterrupted period of residence, in a French municipality)
- on the register for one of the municipal taxes.
You are not obliged to vote in the municipal elections once you are on the electoral register.
See main information on this topic