Nowadays, consumers like to be aware of the environmental implications of the purchases they make. A "green" image adds value to your business, and certification under the EU's Eco-management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) can help you achieve just that.
Why should my company get EMAS certification?
EMAS can help your company:
- cut costs related to resources and waste management
- comply with regulatory requirements
- benefit from environmental regulatory relief (for example, reporting requirements & inspections)
- improve relations with internal and external stakeholders
- achieve a competitive advantage.
EMAS's transparent, independent certification process ensures the scheme's credibility, and only registered organisations may use the exclusive EMAS logo. Discover what EMAS can do for your company.
What is required for an EMAS certification?
To obtain EMAS certification, you must:
- conduct an environmental review
- adopt an environmental policy
- establish an environmental management system
- involve employees and external stakeholders
- prepare an environmental statement.
Small businesses may update their environmental statements and audits less frequently, saving you time and money.
Large companies pay from zero to €1500 to register with EMAS. For small businesses, some EU countries offer lower registration fees.