Nowadays, consumers like to be aware of the environmental implications of the purchases they make. A "green" image adds value to your business, and certification under the EU's Eco-management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) can help you achieve just that.
Why should my company get EMAS certification?
EMAS can help your company:
- cut costs related to resources and waste management
- comply with regulatory requirements
- benefit from environmental regulatory relief (for example, reporting requirements & inspections)
- improve relations with internal and external stakeholders
- achieve a competitive advantage.
EMAS's transparent, independent certification process ensures the scheme's credibility, and only registered organisations may use the exclusive EMAS logo. Discover what EMAS can do for your company.
What is required for an EMAS certification?
To obtain EMAS certification, you must:
- conduct an environmental review
- adopt an environmental policy
- establish an environmental management system
- involve employees and external stakeholders
- prepare an environmental statement.
Small businesses may update their environmental statements and audits less frequently, saving you time and money.
Large companies pay from zero to EUR 1500 to register with EMAS. For small businesses, some EU countries offer lower registration fees.
National authorities registering EMAS organisations - list by country
Contact a local business support partner
Your enquiry will be sent to a support partner from the Enterprise Europe Network. To assist the advisor to respond in a timely and correct manner to this free service, please provide as much information as possible.Local business support
Help & advice
Get in touch with specialised assistance servicesHelp & advice