Available languages:

Last checked: 17/12/2018

Travel documents for minors – Poland

Every citizen of the Republic of Poland who intends to exercise his EU-guaranteed right to freedom of movement has to obtain a document confirming his identity and citizenship.  Under Polish law these criteria are met by an ID or a passport. This requirement also applies to minors. Polish legislation doesn't include separate regulations which would impose on the child's parents or legal guardians an obligation to obtain special consents or proxies for a child to travel independently or with a person who is not their parent or legal guardian.

Before the planned journey of an unaccompanied minor it is advised to contact the air, marine, rail or road carrier to determine the possibilities and rules for travelling with this category of traveller.

More informationpl


See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: