Available languages:

Last checked: 07/12/2018

Travel documents for minors – France

Other than their own valid travel document (passport or ID card), no particular official document is required authorising minors who are nationals of any other EU country to enter or leave France. For more information: Européen en France : entrée et séjour de moins de 3 moisfr

However, a minor child who lives in France and travels abroad without being accompanied by one of his parents must be provided with an authorization to leave the territory. For more information: Autorisation de sortie du territoire (AST)fr

Forms and advice are available for cases where parents might wish to stop their children who are minors from leaving the country.

For more information: Comment empêcher mon enfant mineur de partir seul à l'étranger ?fr

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: