Available languages:

Last checked: 11/10/2018

Travel documents for minors – Bulgaria

Where a child of Bulgarian nationality travels with both parents, a valid ID card or passport (only passports are issued to children up to the age of 14) issued by the Bulgarian police is enough.

Otherwise children also need to have:

Bulgarian children who live abroad long-term or who have dual citizenship do not need these declarations but must carry both their Bulgarian and foreign ID documents.

More detailed information and an example of the declaration (this also exists in English) on the website of the Border Police bg

Other than their own valid travel document, no particular official authorisation is required for minors of any other EU country to enter Bulgaria.

Contact bg


See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: