Available languages:

Last checked : 11/10/2018

Travel documents for minors – Italy

Italian minors can travel within and outside the EU with a valid individual travel documentit: identity card or passport (for non-EU countries).

Until they reach 14 years old, Italian minors can leave the country provided that:

The same documents needed to travel from Italy are required to travel back.

Minors with EU citizenship must have a valid passport or identity card. If they travel:

they may need an extra (official) document signed by their parents, second parent or legal guardian(s) authorising them to travel. This document may vary from country to country and the traveller must therefore ask for information from the authorities in their own country before travelling.

An EU minor wishing to travel from Italy needs the same documents required to enter the country.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: