Available languages:

Last checked: 10/10/2018

Expired or lost passports – United Kingdom

All EU citizens must show a valid national identity card or passport when entering and leaving the UK. But if you cannot produce such a document, the authorities must give you every chance to get one within a reasonable time limit or produce other satisfactory evidence of your identity and citizenship.

A UK citizen can apply for an emergency travel document from the nearest UK Embassy, High Commission or Consulate.


See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: