Available languages:

Last checked: 12/11/2018

Expired or lost passports – Ireland

Coronavirus: safely resuming travel

Questions on a specific country?

Lost, stolen or damaged Passports should be reported to the Gardaí. You must submit a new application explaining what happened the Passport and have it stamped and witnessed by a Garda. The details of all lost or stolen Passports are reported by the Passport Service to Interpol which means they are no longer valid for travel.

In the event that a Passport is lost or stolen while abroad, please refer to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, consular advice section.

Further information on passport related queries is available on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: