Available languages:

Last checked: 07/07/2017

Expired or lost passports – Bulgaria

As a Bulgarian national you are not allowed to leave or (re)enter Bulgaria unless you have a valid passport or identity card.

If your passport has expired or been lost or stolen, you will need to go the nearest Bulgarian diplomatic or consular service to apply for a new document or temporary passport to (re)enter Bulgaria.

If you are a citizen of another EU country, the Bulgarian authorities can issue a temporary travel document only with the agreement of the authorities of your own country.


See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: