If you manufacture products which you believe have outstanding environmental features, they might qualify to use the EU Ecolabel. Today, over 37 000 products sold on the EU market bear the EU Ecolabel, meaning that they comply with rigorous ecological criteria.
EU Ecolabel criteria are defined for a wide range of product groups. Check whether they exist for your product.
The EU Ecolabel:
- demonstrates to your customers and consumers that your product meets strict ecological criteria, making their choice in favour of your product easy.
- is third-party verified and it is recognised in all EU countries;
- enhances your reputation by showing environmental responsibility.
How to apply?
A one-off application fee and an annual fee are payable to the Competent Body that processes the application.
Application for the EU Ecolabel demands the fee of:
- EUR 200 - 350 for micro-enterprises;
- EUR 200 - 600 for SMEs and companies from developing countries;
- EUR 200 - 2000 for all other companies.
30% reduction for companies registered under EMAS or 15% reduction for companies certified under ISO 14001. Reductions are not cumulative and only the higher reduction applies where both systems are met.
A maximum annual fee for use of the Ecolabel has been capped at:
- EUR 18 750 for micro-enterprises, SMEs and businesses, and applicants from developing countries;
- EUR 25 000 for all other companies.
The annual fee can be a flat rate or based on the annual value of sales within the EU of the product awarded the EU Ecolabel. Where the annual fee is calculated as a percentage of the annual sales value, it will not be more than 0.15% of that value. In the case of SMEs, micro-enterprises or applicants from developing countries, the annual fee is reduced by at least 25%.
Contact a local business support partner
Your enquiry will be sent to a support partner from the Enterprise Europe Network. To assist the advisor to respond in a timely and correct manner to this free service, please provide as much information as possible.Local business support
Help & advice
Get in touch with specialised assistance servicesHelp & advice