Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 12/02/2020

Driving licence renewal in another EU country – Spain

Affected by Brexit?

Renew your driving licence

If you wish to renew your driving licence issued in any EU country, you should make an appointmentes with the Provincial Traffic Officees.

If you live in Spain, you do not have to provide additional proof of age , but you have to undergo a medical examination to renew the licence.

Fact sheet and application formes - Renewal of driving licences from the Community and the European Economic Area.

Replace a lost driving licence

If you lose your driving licence, please contact the Provincial Traffic Officees to request a copy. Please make an appointmentes or call tel. 060.

To replace/exchange a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed driving licence, you must provide:

  • Official application formpdfes
  • Fee of EUR 20
  • Valid national identity card, passport or residence permit
  • 32 x 26 mm recent colour photograph
  • The original driving licence (in case of damaged licence)

Fact sheet

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: