Available languages:

Last checked: 22/11/2018

Expired or lost passports – Romania

The national rules, whether you are a Romanian nationalro or a national of another countryro, say that an expired passport is not accepted as a valid travel document to enter or leave Romania.

However, if you are a Romanian national but you cannot show even an expired travel document you can (re)enter Romania with a Travel title (Titlu de calatoriero) which you can get from the Romanian consular offices or diplomatic missions abroad (with the exception of honorary consulates). This document is valid for 30 days from the date of issue for only one entry to Romania and becomes invalid once you have entered Romanian territory.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: