Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 01/08/2018

Driving licence loss, theft, replacement when on holiday – Sweden

If you lose your driving licence, contact the Swedish local police.

If, as an EU citizen, you lose your driving licence on holiday, you cannot automatically obtain a provisional document or certificate to continue your journey. You need to contact the Swedish Transport Agency.

You need, even as a tourist, to report the loss to the local police. According to the Swedish Transport Agency there is no possibility to issue provisional certificates replacing a lost foreign driving licence. However, the Transport Agency recommends the tourist to contact their embassy for possible support. The police has no practical means to verify foreign driving licences in such a case.


See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: