Setting up an enterprise in Spain, bringing your economic activities to this country, is a wonderful opportunity. It is within your reach.
Are you aware of the initiatives to support businesses in Spain? They make it easier to set up, run and grow your enterprise. The business support units will help you with various aspects: business plan, funding, economic grants, administrative procedures at a one-stop shop. In some cases they also provide other support services, such as enterprise incubators, collaboration between researchers and enterprises. You could find them very useful.
There are initiatives to help you in: the European Union, in Spain: Spanish Government (Central Authority), Autonomous Communities (Regions) and at the local level. They are headed by public and private institutions. You will be delighted to find out about them. Open the door to them via the following links.
Would you like to find out about initiatives to support enterprise creation and operation in Spain? There are plenty of them. Central government services include general guidance for your business, information, a one-stop shop option for administrative processes, economic grants, public procurement and other services of interest.
- Enterprise portal: information, videos, support programmes dealing with a great many issues of relevance to you.
- CIRCE: Enterprise Procedural Unit network This network helps you set up business as: 1. Sole trader 2. Incorporation of a limited liability company 3. Incorporation of a 'New Business Limited Company '. You can do this via the Internet, or go in person to one of the network offices located around Spain. These units will guide you simply through the processes involved in setting up an enterprise. They will provide advice on other issues of interest, such as the economic grants available to you.
- Entrepreneur Advice Centre. Physical support office for entrepreneurs and enterprises specialising in enterprise assistance. Especially for small and medium enterprises.
- VUES Enterprise One-stop Shops: Network of 34 offices in various regions (Autonomous Communities) and cities. At these offices you can in person perform general procedures to set up enterprises involving all public authorities. They will also provide you with advice about economic and financial grants for your project.
- EU GO Spain: all European entrepreneurs can find information about the administrative procedures involved in setting up a service enterprise in Spain or another EU State.
- SOLVIT Spain: helps resolve disputes between entrepreneurs, citizens and public authorities resulting from the improper application of EU law.
- Female Entrepreneurs: Portal dedicated specifically to women.
- Enterprise Creation Support Unit:
- Administracion.gob.es: Information portal and public services via the Internet for citizens and enterprises.
- Chambers of Commerce: the chambers of commerce also have business support services covering various aspects of corporate life: creation and consolidation, training, internationalisation and others. Various programmes of interest to entrepreneurs and business-owners are available.
Autonomous Communities (Regions)
The Autonomous Communities of Spain (Regions) also have in place enterprise expansion and creation support initiatives. In some cases they collaborate with European and State initiatives:
Other Business Support Initiatives
Would you like to find out about other business support initiatives? There are other services for entrepreneurs at the: national, regional and local levels through: public authorities, associations, private bodies and other service providers. More information about them is available in the following report:
Other issues of interest for Enterprises
European Union and Enterprises
The EU has various initiatives to support businesses throughout Europe. There are also response services for the general public, citizens and enterprises. They have plenty to offer you.
- EU Small and Medium Enterprise portal: information about many issues of interest to enterprises.
- Enterprise Europe Network: European Business Support network: This is a grouping of almost 600 organisations in more than 50 countries within and beyond the EU. They support enterprises and provide services. These include: chambers of commerce and industry, technology centres, universities and regional development agencies.
- EU GO: Provides information about the administrative processes required to create and set up service enterprises in each EU State.
- SOLVIT: Network to facilitate the functioning of the internal market, resolve queries and possible problems between citizens, enterprises and authorities based on faulty application of EU law. It aims to help resolve possible disputes. Or provides advice about filing the relevant claims.
- Europe Direct: EU public response service. Offers information about the EU for citizens and enterprises. Helps identify relevant sources of information or contacts. Deals with users via the website, chat, telephone or e-mail, or otherwise at the European information centres in each Member State.
- Your Europe - Consultancy: Intended for the general public, citizens and enterprises. It can provide you with legal advice about your rights. When these rights are derived from EU regulations. It handles requests in all official languages of the EU.
- Eurochambers: The European Association of Chambers of Commerce provides consultancy for enterprises, in particular small and medium enterprises, for example in their operations in China.
Access to finance is crucial for setting up and running a business.