Alliance of Employer Confederations in Romania
The Alianţa Confederaţiilor Patronale din România, ACPR (Alliance of Employer Confederations in Romania) has been a member of the International Organisation of Employers (IOE) since 2001. The Alliance represents employer confederations in all sectors of the economy, at both national and international level.
The ACPR is actively engaged in dialogue between local and national authorities and employers, and helps employers devise specific policies.
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania
The Camera de Comerţ şi Industrie a României, CCIR (Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania) offers a business information service which includes:
- the "BUSINESS online" application which gives businesspeople the opportunity to post or reply to online business offers;
- access to commercial and financial information contained in national databases;
- updated information on business opportunities, markets, trade fairs and exhibitions, as well as national and international calls for tenders.
Advisory Committee for the Development of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
The Comitetul Consultativ pentru Dezvoltarea Întreprinderilor Mici şi Mijlocii, CCDIMM (Advisory Committee for the Development of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises) was established as a forum for dialogue about SMEs. It consists of specialised public administration bodies, representatives of the Chamber of Commerce and employer organisations, non-governmental organisations representing small and medium-sized enterprises, and entrepreneurs.
The activities carried out by the CCDIMM consist of:
- discussion and development of recommendations on which to base SME development strategies;
- discussion and development of recommendations for devising and implementing policies for development and increased competitiveness in the SME sector, as well as ensuring coordination with other specific policies;
- discussion and development of recommendations to initiate and implement programmes to stimulate the creation and development of SMEs at national, regional and local level;
- discussion of proposals to improve the legislative and administrative framework in the SME sector;
- monitoring of implementation of the recommendations drawn up by the Committee.
Romanian Centre for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
The Centrul Român pentru Întreprinderi Mici şi Mijlocii, CRIMM (Romanian Centre for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises) promotes the SME sector in Romania and aims to ensure sustainable economic development and growth in the context of economic competitiveness at macroeconomic level in the European business environment.
CRIMM runs several projects in areas relating to SME development, as well as a series of projects in research and development, human resource development and consumer and environmental protection. CRIMM also provides services in areas such as project management, coordination of partnerships, implementation of grants and regional development programmes, as well as technical assistance and business advice.
The Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise, Business Environment, and Tourism Department
The Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise, Business Environment, and Tourism Department, as a specialized central public administration body, has a synthesizing role, applying the strategy and governance programme in the field of small and medium-sized enterprises, cooperatives, business environment, and tourism, in accordance with the requirements of the market economy and with the purpose of stimulating initiative among economic operators. The Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise, Business Environment, and Tourism Department is in charge of:
- working out the strategy for the application of the governance programme in the field of small and medium-sized enterprises, cooperatives, business environment, and tourism, as well as working out the strategies and programmes for economic growth in these fields;
- working out the normative and institutional framework needed to reach the strategic objectives necessary for the development of the sector of small and medium-sized enterprises, freelancing, and tourism, restructuring;
- working out the strategy for promoting the national tourist destinations;
- implementing and monitoring programmes to stimulate the creation and development of small and medium-sized enterprises.
- drawing up and implementing research and innovation policies and programmes in the SME sector;
- facilitating the efficient use of the opportunities provided to SMEs to benefit from state aid schemes;
- providing information, assistance and training services for SMEs.
National Council of Small and Medium-Sized Private Enterprises in Romania
The Consiliul Naţional al Întreprinderilor Private Mici şi Mijlocii din România, CNIPMMR (National Council of Small and Medium-Sized Private Enterprises in Romania) promotes and protects the economic, commercial and legal interests of private SMEs in Romania.
The main objectives of CNIPMMR are as follows:
- to promote and defend the interests of SMEs, both in Romania and abroad;
- to promote and defend the interests of private enterprises in their relations with public authorities and other national or international bodies;
- to promote privatisation and the establishment of small enterprises in Romania.
CNIPMMR also provides legal advice with regard to labour law, commercial law, civil law and administrative law.
CNIPMMR provides information about ongoing programmes, sources of financing, the documents required to obtain financing, as well as contact details of other organisations providing support to Romanian companies.
Access to finance is crucial for setting up and running a business.