Companies operating in different fields group together in national bodies to ensure support and development of their work.
National interest protection associations help their members in their work by means of different services, including consulting, representing their interests, vocational training, events organisation and partner searches.
Organisations operated jointly by the State and the private sector
All chambers in the country are members of the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The main services of the chambers are:
- consulting - about trade and business law, industrial property protection, how public administration works and education;
- vocational training activities;
- improving the business environment with professional events and fora, offering administration services, and writing publications;
- with the involvement of its subsidiary, KAVOSZ Zrt., the operation of the Széchenyi Card scheme offering favourable loans.
Foreign chambers of commerce and industry in Hungary represent the interests of their countries, investors and companies.
The Hungarian Foundation for Enterprise Promotion runs programmes that target the following areas: financing, education, training and the provision of information. The core activities of the Foundation's network, the local enterprise agencies, are: consulting, training, providing real estate and micro loans, and development programmes.
The SEED Foundation provides adult education, advisory services and events organisation.
The main task of the Hungarian Investment and Trade Agency is to promote the external trade ambitions of small and medium-sized enterprises as well as foreign investment in Hungary Main activities of the Office:
- it makes recommendations for the development of short-term, medium-term and long-term goals for trade development and investment stimulation, the direction to be taken by the development of conditions to ensure that the goals are achieved and the development of other conditions, and participates in the implementation of the foreign trade strategy, as well as assisting the Minister responsible for trade development and investment stimulation in the performance of his activities;
- it collaborates on the compilation of professional materials for trade development and investment stimulation, and prepares recommendations for individual decisions relating to investment in Hungary by foreign investors;
- it participates in the preparation and implementation of ideas relating to trade development and investment stimulation, and also prepares governmental decisions relating to support for highlighted investment projects;
- as part of its trade development activities, it helps to uncover export opportunities, mediate between trading partners and organise meetings between businessmen for Hungarian enterprises, and gathers and disseminates to small and medium-sized enterprises information relating to opportunities for tendering in the European Union and in Hungary that are available for export and capital-investment activities.
The fundamental aim of the National Innovation Office is to stimulate the creation, dissemination and use of new knowledge and new technological know-how, and to encourage research and development, innovation and collaboration.
The European Consumer Centre Hungary provides information to consumers on Hungarian and EU consumer protection measures and how to enforce them. The Centre only deals with cross-border consumer complaints, and it is supported by the European Commission.
The National Economic and Social Council is the most comprehensive and many-sided consulting forum for social dialogue, which has been established independently from both the Government and the Parliament to discuss affairs affecting the development of economy and society, and to promote the development and implementation of a balanced economic growth and of the relating social models. The body does not make decisions, and its role is to give advices, recommendations.
The Hungarian Centre for Economic Development is a service company that performs extremely important public duties by efficiently making European Union aid for enterprises available to companies.
Companies in different sectors create sector associations, and assist with their members' operations by means of advice, representation of interests, specialist training and organising events. Such associations include:
- Hungarian Chamber of Public Notaries
Access to finance is crucial for setting up and running a business.