Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 06/03/2018

Car insurance validity in the EU – Poland

Third party motor insurance

When you move temporarily to Poland from another EU country (as a student, pensioner, second home owner, cross-border commuter), your existing insurance policy from another EU country is still valid for the period it was signed for.


Claims history

The risk-assessment scheme typically used by vehicle insurers in Poland is called bonus/malus, but the criteria are not standardised and vary from one insurer to another.

If you are an EU national, insurers in Poland are not required by law to recognise your no-claims history in another EU country and factor this into your premium.

Dispute resolution

If you don't agree with an insurance payout or any other decision taken by your insurer, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: