Available languages:

Last checked : 07/07/2017

Travel documents for minors – Spain

Children require a valid travel document to leave Spain. In addition, if the children are travelling with an ID card rather than a passport, they must have written permission, signed either by both parents or the parent/person who has custody, and certified in any police station, civil guard station, court, notary or city hall upon presentation of the family book or birth certificates.

You can find an example of this form on the Guardia Civil es website.

Minors from an EU country entering Spain with only an ID card (and not a passport) also require written parental permission.

Contact (to enter Spain)

Contact (to leave Spain)

See main information on this topic

Need more information on rules in a specific country?

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: