Youth Information and Media in Lorient (for Polish only)
The EVS will take place in the Youth Information Center of Lorient during 8 months.
The volunteer will participate to the various usual projects of the BIJ, but his/her mission will mostly concern the international sector.
In line with his/her interest and motivations she/he will:
- Participate in the organization of events on the theme of international mobility
- Use the social medias to communicate about activities of the YIC
- Produce resources for the international sector
- Produce video spots on the activities of the YIC
- Participate in the promotion of the Erasmus+, EVS, European citizenship and mobility
- Provide support to youth willing to participate in the EVS program
- Develop personal projects (e.g. Language Café).
We would like our volunteer to set up a link between all volunteers in Lorient in order to develop projects and activities together (work and free time).
accommodation, food and transport arrangements
The EVS will take place in Lorient a city of 60 000 inhabitants (3rd biggest in Brittany after RENNES and BREST). Lorient looks to the sea and its 3 universities gather 6.500 students. The city is 1h40 from Rennes and Brest, 5h from Paris.
Accomodation: The volunteer will share a house with EVS volunteer that will be in high schools. The flat is located in Lorient.
The volunteer will receive a monthly budget for food to prepare his/her own meals in addition to a pocket money.
The volunteer will have a bicycle and a subscription for the local bus services.
training during the project
To all EVS volunteers of our organisation is given the opportunity to participate to on-arrival training and med-term evaluation organised by the French National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth.
The volunteers are expected to take part into a pre-departure training organized by their sending organisations before their arrival.
If the volunteer doesn’t speak French he/she will attend French language lessons (for the first 3 months)
ONLY FOR POLISH :
The volunteer´s profile is a young person with interests in youth policies, media and communication.
Other skills are desired but not required:
- Have the ability to participate in the organization of events and to promote citizenship and European values in these important events
- Be able to communicate with the public.
- Knowledge about social media works
- Knowledge about Youth opportunities of Erasmus+
- It would be appreciated if she/he could have a minimal command of French
how to apply
If you are interested, please send you CV et motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Youth Information and Media”Translate
The YIC of Lorient welcomes daily young people from 16 to 30 years old. It’s a resource center, our missions are to welcome, inform and support youth in their research and projects. We provide a wide range of services:
- Education, work, studies, travels, health, sports, money, employment, careers, rights and entitlements, leisure, travel and European opportunities.
- Workshops and projects (forums, prevention activities…)
- Online website with daily refreshed information
YIC is part of the Eurodesk network, and also an accredited Sending, Coordinating and Hosting EVS organization.