Children & Young People (ONLY FOR VOLUNTEERS FROM COUNTRIES LISTED)
We are seeking an enthusiastic volunteer from POLAND, HUNGARY, ITALY, PORTUGAL, AUSTRIA, CZECH, FRANCE, GERMANY OR SPAIN to support:
- Youth work programmes, both centre-based & outreach work. Also, targeted programmes providing support for young people to address issues of employability, health, inclusion & community relations.
- Afterschools activities for 4-11 year olds, helping staff with organising and running the activities, supporting children with homework and with leisure activities.
- Community programmes, such as the Harbour Renewal Project & BME Advocacy work, providing information & support to those people living in the Harbour Ward of Bangor with a particular focus on young people, families & senior citizens.
- Crèche support, working with children from 0-4 years old
We ask the Volunteers to help with the delivery of all aspects of the programme; such as planning, preparation, leading & developing programmes to people of all different ages and abilities.
accommodation, food and transport arrangements
Accommodation will be in a shared house or flat with two other volunteers and each volunteer will have their own bedroom.
The volunteer will be provided with a bike. Past volunteers have enjoyed the opportunity to cycle along the coast path which starts in Bangor.
Volunteers will receive pocket money plus money for food and have a kitchen in the accommodation where they can prepare their own meals.
training during the project
Volunteers will be registered onto the OLS system to help them improve their English language skills.
They will also receive relevant on the job training on aspects such as working with young people and local communities and working with children. They will be given a general EVS induction and orientation at the beginning of their placements and will be trained in relevant policies and procedures of the organisation (child protection, health and safety etc).
Volunteers will attend EVS On Arrival Training and Mid-Term Evaluation.
We wish to find an enthusiastic volunteer who is interested in supporting children, young people & families in & around Bangor. The volunteer should be interested in working with children & young people & ideally have experience in this already. The volunteer should be confident in their English or able to improve their level quickly, since direct communication with the young people & children is an essential & major part of the volunteer role.
We are keen to hear from volunteers who are fluent in Polish or Arabic.
The volunteer must be 18 - 30 years old.
how to apply
Volunteers MUST be from one of the countries listed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (NOT North Down YMCA) with:
- full CV
- full motivation letter which is specific to the project
Please state in the covering email that you are applying for the 12 month placement in North Down YMCA
Volunteers MUST be from one of the countries listed on the right. We are unable to consider volunteers from any other country.
Sending Organisations have already been identified for this project.
North Down YMCA is based in the seaside town of Bangor, Northern Ireland & is a community based organisation with an ethos of care & compassion.. For us, that’s what the ‘C’ in YMCA stands for …
We ask our Volunteers to be a part of our staff team and contribute their time, skills, ideas to help further develop our programmes.
Participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.