Better Things EVS Project
Sezione Laziale della UILDM Onlus from Rome, Italy is looking for one Austrian and one Hungarian volunteer for an EVS placement in our umbrella project “Better Things”. The placement is for 12 months and will start in October 1st, 2017. Please read carefully ALL the information in attachments on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VxALYpn7V0vqmrW0JN15iS124zJpHET6V2Dc65mC-is/edit?usp=sharing before you make the application and if you decide that you can collaborate with us, send us the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 30th, 2017.Translate
accommodation, food and transport arrangements
You will be living in a volunteer house that you will share with other volunteers. There are three rooms, two bathrooms, one kitchen and a terrace in the house.
You will receive a yearly transport card that you can use in all kinds of local transport in Rome. You will also be given around 240 € per month to cover your food costs in Italy and 115 € of monthly allowance in the beginning of each month. An Italian language course of 40 hours will also be provided by the hosting organisation.
training during the project
Volunteers will receive 40 hours of Italian course.
The first three weeks will be dedicated to general training, including topics of intercultural learning, volunteering, cooperation, diversity and inclusion, human rights, conflict resolution and specific training including use of wheelchairs, legislations on disability and other project specific trainings provided by UILDM.
The volunteers will have other 5 specific trainings throughout the year provided by UILDM.
They will also participate in on-arrival training and mid-term evaluation organised by Italian National Agency.
We are looking for 2 volunteers (one from Austria, one from Hungary) who:
- value social inclusion and protection of rights of everyone;
- are willing to work with people from different cultural experiences and backgrounds;
- are not only interested in living in Rome for a year but are motivated to volunteer for people with disabilities;
- are flexible and responsible;
- preferably can already speak some Italian (this is a must for Points of View sub-project).
*The project is open for applications of young people with fewer opportunities and those with physical/sensorial disabilities.
how to apply
Please send following documents to email@example.com no later than August 30th, 2017 12:00 AM:
- CV in EN or IT;
- Motivation letter in EN or IT;
- Application form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHOK-5uxIehMFK8fonsHUth3UaCDsPn4jVya1b1g0sDPHOeQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has a physical environment suitable for young people with physical, sensory or other disabilities (such as wheelchair access and similar.
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
- Other experience, infrastructure and resources: