Communicating value of intercultural learning to youth
description du projet
This project is about communicating the value of intercultural competence and exchange to Norwegian youth. We would like to create more awareness of exchange as transformative learning journeys, leaving participants with competences crucial for youth growing up in the 21st century. Living and studying across international borders and in diverse communities with AFS are life-changing experiences that last forever. AFS programs have prepared young people to become global citizens since 1947, empowered with the essential knowledge and practical skills needed to live in a diverse and multicultural world. Your main task will be helping to further develop the AFS brand in Norway, and strengthen our visibility as an educational organization for all of our stakeholders. The more concrete tasks will be developing strategies, building greater understanding of our stakeholders (especially Generation Z), and executing various initiatives in communications and marketing.Traduire
modalités d’hébergement, de restauration et de transport
You will live in a host family in Oslo or the sorounding areas. They provide most of the meals, and you will get money to buy food the host family would cover (e.g. food outside of the home). All transportation costs arecovered, and you will get pocket money.Traduire
formation pendant le projet
The sending organization will provide a pre-arrival orientation.
The hosting organization will provide an on-arrival camp, as well as monthly meetings with mentor following up on learning progression as well as social well being. The EVSer will also ge a training related to the organization as well as the project, and will have the possibility to attent trainings related to the project.
profil du volontaire
• Creativity and project management
• Knowledge of marketing/communications
• Be able to develop content in various Adobe programs. If you have experience as a photographer and know how to edit videos it’s a great bonus!
• Motivation for staying in Norway for a year, living in a host family, learning Norwegian from day one, working at the AFS NOR-office • A great deal of drive and independence.
comment poser sa candidature
Send your CV and a motivational letter via e-mail.
Note! Potential candidates will be contacted.
We can offer
• A flexible and exciting work environment.
• Personal and professional growth.
• Experience of working professionally with marketing and communications.
• Norwegian language course.
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.