Solidarity and citizenship in Orléans
ASELQO is a non-profit organization based in Orléans, France. The organization manages 12 social centers all across the city, offering leisure activities and organizing local events to strengthen social links with the communities living around each center.
ASELQO is a newly accredited EVS organization, we plan to welcome 2 volunteers in 2017/2018.
One will work on various social projects for one year. The volunteer will work with the teams in charge of the differents projects.
The projects in which the volunteer could take part and/or create are:
- Participating in a solidarity event in Orléans downtown,
- Participating in an animation around the making of bread in a dimension of cultural sharing,
- Participating in the realization of collective actions around barter (troc), Incredible edible (city gardens), collective garden, sharing book boxes, local exchange system etc…
accommodation, food and transport arrangements
The volunteer will have his/her own accommodation or will live in a house shared with other EVS volunteers.
(S)he will receive monthly money for food and pocket money.
The volunteer will have a bus card to travel on all the bus & tram lines in Orléans.
The volunteer will also access a leisure activity (1 hour / week) for free and participate in an activity in which he will speak French with other foreign people. A tutor will help the volunteer in the cultural reality and social life of the city.
training during the project
Conditions will be created to allow the EVS volunteer to exchange with the different types of people in Orléans in partnership with the Regional Youth Information Center. The volunteer will intervene with the organizers and the volunteers. A transfer of knowledge will be set up to explain the right behavior to have with the public: ability to listen, attention with people, the availability, the understanding, the support, etc… And also to explain all the tools made available to run the projects.
(S)he will take part in On-arrival and Mid-term trainings organized by French National Agency.
Whished EVS volunteer profile:
- interest for the animation with all people,
- ability to listen, think and built new activities,
- patience & curiosity,
- ability to take initiatives and to propose his/her own ideas,
- capacity to work in a team. Autonomous,
- motivation and interest for the associative project and its activities,
- motivation and interest for solidarity economy, sustainable development, social link,
- environment skills wished,
- being from Spain.
how to apply
Send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the « solidarity and citizenship project » ref title.
The volunteer is chosen from Spain ("AIPC Pandora" sending organization only) according to its motivation and its interest to the project and to the activities.
Basic knowledge of french or english language is not required but would be considered an asset.Translate