description of organisation
INTRAS standing for Research and Treatment in Mental Health is a non-profit organisation aiming to improve quality of life of people with mental illness and, in particular, young people with learning difficulties and/or behavioural disorders. Different facilities are managed by the Foundation, such 2 officially recognised VET training Centres for people with special Learning needs (PCPI), a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Centre, a Labour Rehabilitation Centre, a Residential Home, 3 Day Care Centres and 13 supervised flats offer supporting resources to our target groups.
Overall, INTRAS Foundation strives to improve the quality of life of people at risk of social exclusion and contribute to the progress and development of society in implementing these actions.
To achieve these goals, INTRAS performs the following activities :
- Programs of psychosocial rehabilitation and social integration for people at risk of social exclusion.
- Training programs for youth with mental health problems and/or at risk of social exclusion.
- Projects with other European countries to promote the development of profesionals and service users' skills.
- Cooperation projects with Latin American countries such as Chile or Cuba.
- Research, technological development and innovation.
Specifically in Valladolid, Intras runs the Vocational Training Center and the Project Department. At the Vocational Training Center, 72 students with special needs are being trained, they attend either the Office Assistant Services Programme or the Accommodation, Linen and Laundry Assistant. At the project Department more than 25 project are being managed at different territorial levels, including new proposals for young people and mobility projects.
Intras Foundation is also the only organization in Castilla y León in the area of mental health which has received the certificate EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management) Business Excellence (bronze seal 400 +) .
More information: www.intras.es