NGO Youth Club Active
NGO Youth Club Active
MTÜ Noorteklubi Active
Võru 11, 13612, Tallinn, Estoniawww.clubactive.eu - +372 660 30 14
description of organisation
NGO Youth Club Active is a mobile youth organization which was created with help of the Youth Center Vihasoo which is working since 1994 in the field of youth in Tallinn, Estonia. We involve youth from the age of 13-teen years old and provide variety of activities for self-development. The role of our organization is to promote the non-formal education, to involve youngsters in different social activities on local and international levels. Our main activities we coordinate on 5 different fields:• PROJECTS• VOLUNTEERING• ENTERTEINMENT• CAMPS• YOUTH LABOUR MARKETThe main activities or topics are making the effective involvement in: youth cultures (theatre, music, dance, and art), organizing workshops and entertainments for youngsters (Flash mob, forum-theatre, juggling or different types of games), media and communication – intercultural learning through international projects, especially with the support of the Erasmus+ programme (Youth Initiatives, Youth Exchanges, Training courses, EVS projects). Often our activities are in cooperation with municipalities or cultural, social, volunteer organizations.NGO Youth Club Active is accredited, which allows us to organize EVS projects in frames of the Erasmus+ programme (Youth in Action programme)The main goals of organization are:* To support youth initiative (help in the process from idea to realization)* To increase among youth self-empowerment and self-esteem* To involve young people to be an active part of Erasmus+ programme (Youth inAction programme) MISSION:To support youth formation in active citizenshipObjectives:* To increase among youth sense of initiative and entrepreneurship* To enhance employability and improve career aspects* To involve youth in local and international projects* To support tolerant ways of thinking among young people* To support the cooperation in the field of youth work both within Europe andoutside, as well as in own country, city, region* To facilitate cooperation between young people from different countries* To provide different activities for youngster according their interests and needs.
Our main aim during the EVS projects is to help to volunteers from different countries to become a part of our organization, become our member, friend and feel themselves as at home through work with children and youth. We believe that work and variety of different tasks helped to volunteers learn a lot during the EVS as well as for youth in Estonia have intercultural dialogue and developed different skills and knowledge.
We will organize detailed conversations with volunteer about expectations, fears, skills, experience, knowledge and wishes that according to received information create the schedule for volunteer but do it with volunteer. The main very important aspect of our EVS projects is that the volunteer has to be ready to work with children and youth in frames of non-formal learning.
Our organization with deep cooperation of Youth Centre Vihasoo works in different ways of youth field in Estonia 22 years. The main work place will be provided to volunteer in Tallinn (region Lasnamae) in the Youth Club Active centre. During the 3 month of summer period work will be based in suburban camp Vihasoo, which is located in the country side, 70 km from Tallinn.
- We figure out with children and youth in different age, different backgrounds and obstacles. Mostly children in our youth centre are representing Russian community in Estonia and work language is Russian.
- Age of the children starts from 2 years old and the oldest member is 26 years old. Other people counted in our centre as work staff. They are in different age and have own responsibilities. We have very friendly and qualitative colleges at the work place. The main staff consists in 10 people who are working in office every day and more that 50 people who are work temporarily (work in the camp, entertainment, project management and so on).
Volunteers are involved in following tasks:
• Work with youth and children in our organization 6 hours per day 5 days in week (work could be on the weekend and days off in the work week, as we are NGO and have a lot of activities during the weekend)
• Participation, coordination and involvement in local and international projects, events and workshops for youth and children.
• Work in urban and suburban camps (Urban camp in Tallinn and suburban camp Vihasoo 70 km from Tallinn during 3 summer month)
• Lead own workshop, which based on the volunteer priorities and wishes (according to volunteer interests and abilities, could be musical workshop, language workshop, dance workshop and etc.)
• Local language course (Estonian) or according to work with Russian children Russian language. Depends on volunteer wish. In our youth centre we have two possibilities.
• Support volunteer’s initiative (ideas which he or she would like to realize in actions like coordinate the projects, lead events and so on), volunteer will have an area of creation and realization)
• Presentation of the programme Erasmus+ (in different open areas, conferences, meetings, presentations)
• Entertainments, events for children (concerts, games, competitions, holidays, vacations)
• Cooperation with other partner local youth organizations (work in local schools, youth centres, volunteer organizations)
• Every month evaluations (Youthpass as a tool for self-reflection for volunteer)
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
|Inclusion category||Receiving projects||Sending projects||Coordinating projects||Hosting organisation||Supporting organisation|