Samara Public Non-profit Organization for Disabled People Parus Nadezhdy
description of organisation
Samara Public Non-profit Organization for Disabled People "Parus Nadezhdy" was established in 2003. It is affiliated to Samara Regional Public Organization of the All-Russian Society of the Disabled.
Parus Nadezhdy is one of the biggest NGOs in Samara fighting for the rights of disabled children. The specialists at this centre have many years of experience working with disabled children and organizing activities for them. This was one of the first centres to organise a support service for the disabled and their families.
Their mission is to provide integration of the disabled children of Samara region into society and to promote the ideas of independent life philosophy and social approach to disability.
Their main goals are:
- to protect rights and interests of disabled children;
- to provide disabled children with equal opportunities to participate in all spheres of social life;
- to integrate disabled people into society.
Their activities are focused on:
- providing the disabled children and their families with social and psychological support;
- organizing and conducting conferences, seminars and lectures on the problems of the disabled children;
- cooperating with other public organizations dealing with the similar problems;
- revealing children´s creative and intellectual abilities.
The receiver of the benefits here is the target group: the local youth.
Since February 2004 Parus nadezhdy has been cooperating with the centre of voluntary movement Lastochki//ICYE Russia, whose main task is the development of youth exchange programs and international voluntary movement.
Participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
|Inclusion category||Receiving projects||Sending projects||Coordinating projects|