Cooperativa Sociale Artemide
Cooperativa Sociale Artemide
Cooperativa Sociale Artemide arl
Viale Cotrino, 81, 72022, Latiano, Italywww.gruppoartemide.it - +390831729246
description of organisation
Artemide Social Cooperative, founded in 2000, works predominantly in the field of social activity, the focus of its attention being on children, young people and the family.
Active since 2001, the projects managed favour the young people they target, such as activity and residential centers for children experiencing difficulties (also on behalf of municipalities), the running of awareness raising activities in primary and secondary schools, and by supplying vocational training courses.
Artemide is involved in the protection, care, guidance, training and placement of young people though the following services/facilities:
- Educational, residential community "La Tegola Blu" (active since 2002), houses minors sent by social services or the Juvenile Court as a result of mistreatment and abuse in the family. It is a place of psychological, social and academic intervention and aims to heal the effects of trauma through it's care.
- Day Center "L'Acchiappasogni" (active since 2013) is a place which aims to develop the potential and resilience of young people. It is involved in the primary and secondary intervention of youth issues and acts through workshops to enhance both educational and occupational learning.
- Apartment groups for women with children "Paragoghè" (active since 2009) and related projects in independence development and employment opportunities.
- "La Luna" (active since 2004) is the center of specialist expertise working for the prevention and protection, detection, validation and security of young people and children who are the victims of neglect, mistreatment or abuse.
The center also acts as a place where children, parents, social workers, teachers and other local services can discuss specific issues they may have, and be listened to.
In summary, La Luna provides the following: An anti-violence center, the evaluation of parental competency, the assessment, assistance, legal support and protection of minors who are victims of mistreatment, and the training of foster and adoptive families. Ultimately, it is a center of Family Mediation.
- Vocational training center "For-My-Azione" (active since 2013 and accredited by the Region of Puglia since 2015) is the headquarters for the development and certification of skills for young people and vulnerable adults of significant socio-cultural disadvantage.
Additionally, included here are significant examples of action-research included in our work, on the topic of youth:
-Amethyst- a type "B" social co-operative initiated a ‘start-up” in 2006- it provides employment for young people with disabilities as well as disadvantaged women and adolescents;
-"SEntre le Emozioni (Feel the Emotions)"- a project carried out under the Plan of Intervention in Brindisi, through a team active in 21 local schools, it aims to prevent and rais awareness of gender-based violence;
-Hosting and training of students from the Universities of Bari, Lecce and Madrid;
-Hosting students of Liceo Socio-Psico-Pedagogico Ettore Palumbo of Brindisi for the exchange of school-work;
-Training for young graduates looking for their first job;
-"Open Farm" project hosting volunteers from around the world in a place of active participation and community as well as offering cultural exchange such as the exchange of cuisines (website undergoing construction- www.openfarm.esy.es); to date we have hosted solely Workaway volunteers. (We are active on the workaday site with the profile name "Support with a social cooperative in Salento, Italy"; currently this project operates in two structures, the Masseria Matagiola (undergoing restructurion) in Brindisi, and “The A.R.C.A” (accommodation Reserved for Active Citizens) in Latiano (BR)).
-Design and management of Erasmus+ projects.
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
|Inclusion category||Receiving projects||Sending projects||Coordinating projects||Hosting organisation||Supporting organisation|