Tallinna Lasteaed Kiikhobu
description of organisation
Tallinna Kindergarten Kiikhobu EVS service is coordinated by NGO noOR, for more information about service and application process, please contact noOR's EVS coordinators via e-mail: email@example.com.
We can offer the volunteer an interesting and diverse learning and working environment. The role of the volunteer would be to be a support person for the teachers, while using her cultural background and traditions, previous experience and motivation to influence the everyday life of the kindergarten. S/he can introduce her culture and ideas to the teachers and the children while working with the staff. At the same time the volunteer will have the opportunity to get to know Estonian culture though her work and interaction with the children.
Our kindergarten has a great respect for the Estonian old folk culture and traditions. The work is in many ways based on the yearly life cycle of our folklore. We celebrate the traditional days in the old calendar and like to teach the children how knowledge and skills are passed forward throughout generations. As a teachers help and support the volunteer would assist the teacher in the preparation and implementation of the lessons. Volunteer will be helping children in a group, but also individually. S/he would take part in all the activities of the group: lessons, trips, games, music, art and sport classes etc. There is always room for the initiative of the volunteer to find her/his own project within the kindergarten.
The volunteers can have meals in the kindergarten. In free hours he/she can use the internet in the kindergarten.
As a starting period the first weeks of the volunteer would be as follows
• Getting to know the working rules and ways in the kindergarten, following the work of the teachers and taking an active part in the work and games with the children;
• Getting to know the schedule of the home group;
• Following the lessons given by the teacher and her assistant;
• Helping the children with their everyday tasks, taking an active role in helping in the lessons and plays with the children;
• Getting to know the rest of the staff and their work – other groups, teachers, music teacher and sport educator etc.
Daily schedule of the volunteer in the kindergarten:
• 8.30-9.00 breakfast
• 9.00-10.30 learning activity (volunteers task is to help a teacher and play with the children also in agreement he/she can make projects with children: language lessons, cooking lessons etc.)
• 10.30-11.00 preparation to go outdoor (volunteer is helping children to dress)
• 11.00-12.15 outdoor activities
• 12.30-13.00 lunch
• 13.00-15.30 opportunity to use internet and prepare his/her projects
Volunteers will have minimum 32h of Estonian classes in the beginning of the service.
Participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
|Inclusion category||Receiving projects||Sending projects||Coordinating projects|