Non-governmental organisation "Centre for informational support of public initiatives "The Third Sector"
(NGO 'Centre "The Third Sector")
description of organisation
On the basis of Belarusian national values we develop social activism among different social strata through informational and educational support for democratic public initiatives. The main activities of the organization are:
- Information support for public initiatives ("The Third Sector" magazine, web-site www.3sektar.by, informational web-portal "Your Style" (www.t-styl.info)
- Civic education in the sphere of journalism (course for journalists "School of young journalist", course of photography, video-shooting and data visualization for journalists "Media Studio", organization of "Festival of young journalism", study visits and trainings on a theme of journalism)
- Golden Age University: intellectual, social and physical activation of elderly people (there are 24 courses for the elderly and about 200 participants at this program)
- Development of local community and social animation ("Open School of local community" - trainings and study visits for civic activists from different cities and towns of Belarus, the manual "Social animator", assistance in creating local web-sites, volunteer work with orphans, etc.)
- Culture and heritage preserving (organising of free modern Belarusian language courses "Mova Nanova" in Hrodna, publication of literature ("The Song about Bison", "Legends and myths": from Nioman to Buh", "Traditional cuisine of Bialystok and Hrodna regions"), international culture projects, project on preserving and promotion of Hrodna historical heritage ("Novy sviet" (means New World - the name of the Grodna city districts))
- Development of cross-border cooperation between NGOs and initiatives (NGO Forum of the Euroregion "Neman", PoLiBelKa (2003, 2006, 2010), international youth exchanges and EVS (14 volunteers have already been hosted in our organization since 2007)
- Strengthening of public initiatives potential (study visits, trainings, consulting on planning of organizational activity for civic activists, public relations, elaboration of projects, development of organization, elaboration of study programs, usage of new media, etc.)
One of our target group is young people - pupils, university students, young professionals. We also work with elderly people, retirees, social workers, NGO activists and journalists.
Participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
|Inclusion category||Receiving projects||Sending projects||Coordinating projects|