International Center for Protection and Promotion of Women Rights La Strada
description of organisation
The International Center "La Strada" is a part of the international network of Prevention of Trafficking in Women in Central and Eastern Europe that includes 9 organizations in 9 countries (that are the origin countries as well as the destination one) implementing the La Strada Program Prevention of Traffic in Women in Central and Eastern Europe (The Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Republic of Moldova, Byelorussia, Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina).
Being founded in 2001, the International Center for Women Rights Protection and Promotion "La Strada", has imposed in the Republic of Moldova' social life and for now possess an unique experience and competence in following areas of work:
- Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Promotion Safety online for children
- commercial sexual exploitation of children.
Also we are involved in different prevention program that:
• Educate the potential migrants with regard to migration and danger of human trafficking
• Optimize the national resources for prevent domestic violence.
• Facilitate the access to quality based and secure assistance
• Monitor of the situation in Moldova in the field of trafficking of human beings, commercial sexual exploitation of children and domestic violence
• Provide assistance to the national decision factors
Local volunteers along with EVS volunteers are involved in the following activities:
• Seminars in schools and universities on prevention of human trafficking, physical abuse once/twice per week
• Flash mobs to raise public awareness on prevention and combating of human trafficking, physical abuse through the course of the year
• Social Campaigns through the course of the year
• Organizing competitions for pupils who study in orphanages through the course of the year
We have 19 full staff members and 27 local volunteers in Chisinau.
We work with children, youth and adults depending on the topic from urban and rural areas, in Chisinau and all around Moldova.
Participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
|Project name||Project Dates||Deadline||Status|
|International Center for Protection and Promotion of Women Rights||
A total of 0 week(s) during the period
May 2017 to Apr 2018
01/05/2017 - 30/04/2018