Young Women's Christian Association-Beirut
description of organisation
Thee Young Women's Christian Association is the oldest volunteer organization in Lebanon to address challenges facing women and girls. It has been active since the beginning of the 20th Century, in developing leadership qualities and promoting the collective power of women and girls in order for them to achieve equal rights, health, security, dignity and freedom. The YWCA Beirut also pioneered the launching of educational as well as capacity building programs for youth and women. It is a distinctive forum for the discussion of women's issues and has a multi dimensional program strategy that includes several projects , activities and a number of social advocacy issues:
- The YWCA Technical College : develop vocational skills that prepare students for the job market.
- The Center for Women : Empower women and girls by providing them with vocational training, counseling services, workshops, vital information and advice, etc.
- Membership activities: Organized on a monthly basis and include meetings, lectures and other activities which allow members to enhance their knowledge, acquire new interests and develop new friendships.
- The Y Cultural Center: is a public meeting place to promote cultural conferences and activities .
- The Hostel: Welcomes eligible women and young girls whether working, studying or transient in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- The Atelier: Offers programs that develop women's expertise and hobbies such as painting, hand crafts, Make up sessions,...
|Project name||Project Dates||Deadline||Status|
A total of 15 week(s) during the period
Oct 2017 to Oct 2018
31/10/2017 - 01/10/2018